Carube Copper to Explore High-Priority Drill Targets at Bellas Gate, Jamaica
1000 square kilometres of Copper-Gold
Projects in Jamaica and Canada
Carube Copper Corp. has six wholly owned copper and gold exploration permits in Jamaica totalling 260 square kilometres. It also has a heads of agreement with OZ Minerals to acquire five SEPLs in Jamaica totalling 298 square kilometres. Carube Copper also has 3 porphyry related projects in British Columbia, Canada totalling 469 square kilometres. As an early explorer in Jamaica’s copper-gold rich terrain and a pioneer in an area of BC’s Cascade Magmatic Arc, now recognized for its mineral potential, Carube has a tremendous opportunity to create shareholder value through discovery of new porphyry copper-gold deposits.
- Primary strategy is to benefit from partner funding to advance our properties.
- Eleven licences in Jamaica with well over $14M spent on exploration in the last several years. Many drill ready targets available on projects ready for Joint Venture
- Excellent potential to move large early stage projects in B.C. to joint-venture-ready stage. Work is now being completed to achieve this end.
- Looking forward, we will monitor favourable jurisdictions — primarily in Canada and the Caribbean — for opportunistic acquisitions. A particular focus will be on properties in Jamaica adjacent to our present projects. We plan to advance these properties to joint-venture-ready stage.
Our goal is to increase corporate value with minimal shareholder dilution.
- Six licences in Jamaica comprising 260 square kilometres of mineral rights with the greatest potential for economic copper-gold mineralization in that country.
- Additional five licences for a total of 298 square kilometres to be acquired from OZ Minerals
- OZ Minerals has recently spent $12M at Bellas Gate and over $0.5M at Above Rocks.
- Carube plans to benefit from partner funding on its three copper-gold-moly projects in British Columbia.
Large 100% Owned Portfolio of Copper and Gold Projects in Jamaica
- Bellas Gate, eight identified copper gold porphyry systems, some with only one drill hole. Multitude of drill targets to be tested.
- Above Rocks, Four target areas identified, only one drill tested.
- Main Ridge, adjacent to former gold mine, identified 2 km long gold zone. New zone identified with high copper gold porphyry potential.
- Airborne Magnetics and Radiometrics completed on all licences in Jamaica
- Over $14M exploration database
Mining in Jamaica
- The mining industry is well developed in Jamaica due to a thriving bauxite industry and, along with tourism, is one of the two largest contributors to the Jamaican tax base.
Miocene Aged Copper Gold Porphyry Projects in Southwest British Columbia
- Evidence for a large mineralized porphyry style system defined within a six by two kilometre area
- Initial drilling has intersected minor copper-gold mineralization with best results at the northern edge of this area
- Next program is focused on tracing mineralized system to north and evaluating the southern mineralized zone.
- 7.5km long trend of bornite-chalcocite-magnetite occurrences discovered on western part of property
- Property is located adjacent to Amarc Resources "IKE" discovery - 248.7m of 0.28% Cu